It's January! The streets (and internet) are a buzz with resolutions, power words goals and fitness! We are looking at how we can take better care of ourselves as well as others. That normally takes time or money. Both are resources that seem to be tight after a long holiday season. So how do you help the charities that are so near and dear to your heart? There are so many great causes out there, but we are often limited to helping one or two. Well, that is no longer the case! Two apps are here to help you give while you are doing other activities.
They are helping you multiply your time and that is a good thing!
Here at THLP we are all about simplifying and multiplying our efforts. Enter the Charity Miles and Donate a Photo apps! Each app allows you to support a charity of your choosing while already doing something that you normally do! Exercising and taking pictures!
How do they work?
- Download the app
- Create a profile
- Choose the Healthy Living Revolution Team
- Start raising money while you get fit!
- Feel great that you did something for you and someone else!
Large corporations, register as sponsors. You choose the charity and a corporation is assigned to sponsor your activity. There are ads that will pop up, but I just put my phone in my water bottle holder and I am on my way!
Listed below are just a few of the charities that can benefit from your exercise!
Girls On The Run
– Empowering girls through running
– Empower athletes with intellectual disabilities
Crohn’s & Colitis Foundation of America
– Cure Crohn’s disease and ulcerative colitis
She’s the First
– Educate girls in low-income countries
– Provide shoes to fight poverty worldwide
Nothing But Nets
– Provide anti-malaria bednets
Back On My Feet
– Empower people experiencing homelessness
The Ironman Foundation
– Get kids active
Foundation of the NSNA
– Support our future nurses
The Michael J. Fox Foundation
– Cure Parkinson’s Disease
– Support Autism research
World Wildlife Fund
– Protect nature and wildlife
Stand Up To Cancer
– Fund cancer research
– Protect Animals
– Support Alzheimer’s research
– Support our service members
Team Red, White & Blue
– Enrich the lives of American veterans
– Fight hunger in America
– Fighting to treat and cure ALS
Habitat for Humanity
– Provide housing to people worldwide
National Multiple Sclerosis Society
– Move towards a world free of MS
Wounded Warrior Project
– Honor and empower wounded warriors
St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital
– Cure and treat childhood cancer
– Provide clean and safe drinking water
National Park Foundation
– Protect our National parks
Our friends at Healthy Living Revolution, created a Charity Miles team and we have been having a great time being part of it and raising money while we get fit!
At the time of this post
our team has logged over 40,000 miles for charity!
Donate a Photo
- Download the app
- Create a profile
- Take a photo and share!
- Set the reminders for you to take a picture every day
- Feel great about your good deed!
It seems that Donate a Photo has a few different types of campaigns. Campaigns that help an unlimited amount of people, campaigns that will help a maximum number of people (you can tell by the __ of __ helped counter on the campaign, and inactive campaigns that we closed once the commitment was made. They layout their campaigns in categories and completed.
The categories are:
- Women's and Children's Health
- Healthy Families
- Health Workforce
- Environmental Health
- Global Disease Challenges
- Essential Surgery
- Education and Equality
- Emergency Relief
If you join either app to start raising money, tag us on your social media shares or use the #thehealthylifeproject so we can celebrate you!
F @thehealthylifeprojectblog | IG @thehealthylifeprojectblog | T @thehealthylifep
Are you improving your health in 2018?
Click the button below to set a time to talk with Nikol about her favorite go-to nutritional product.
Do you already know all about it and have been meaning to order? Just click below!
Make sure you know how to get your child's order for free!
Your friend or loved one has Hashimoto’s Thyroiditis, one of the most common autoimmune diseases diagnosed today and you have no idea what they are going through. Get a peek into what they may be feeling physically and emotionally in everyday life.